Dance For Me!




Lily is an active, wakeful baby (during the day). She likes interaction. Frankly, she likes it best when I dance for her like a clown. And that is fine. I like it too. Until I wear out. Then, I turn to the baby gadgets designed for these moments. She enjoyed the sling for a time. She said she felt cozy. "You can't see me, I'm back in the womb! He, He, He!" When she tired of that, she enjoyed the bouncer. Now we have a swing which she has a love-hate relationship with. Sometimes, she says it is trying to kill her. Or, at the very least, it is trying to get between her and the boob. Other times, it is like baby dope. She love, love, loves it.
Not that she needs her toys to be expensive. She has a wonderful time making shadow puppet dancers with her own fingers. Her most fun is had when bouncing on mum's belly. She pushes off with her legs and her face lights up with a big, open-mouthed, shout. She's very demure so she doesn't actually shout. It makes me so happy to know that she enjoys herself sometimes. The hours of screaming are almost forgotten.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home